SEC dominates Athlon's list of 50 must-see games for 2017
In-state and cross-state rivalries are always intense with bragging rights on the line, but few rivalries have as much at stake as the rivalries throughout the SEC.
The annual Iron Bowl between Alabama and Auburn is always must-watch football and often plays a role in determining the outcome of the SEC West division. The Florida-Georgia contest in Jacksonville is always entertaining and will usually impact the SEC East standings at season’s end.
Mitch Light with Athlon Sports listed the Top 50 Must-See games for 2017, and SEC teams dominated the list.
The Iron Bowl was ranked the most must-see game this season.
The Iron Bowl rivals Ohio State vs. Michigan as the top rivalry in college football (maybe all sports), and the stakes could be enormous when Alabama and Auburn meet at Jordan-Hare Stadium on Thanksgiving weekend. A trip to the SEC Championship Game — and a subsequent CFB Playoff invite — could be on the line.
A total of 16 games with SEC teams were featured on the list. Here are the rest of the SEC games:
5. Alabama vs FSU – Sept. 2 (In Atlanta, Georgia)
7. Auburn at Clemson – Sept. 9
8. LSU at Alabama – Nov. 4
14. Georgia vs Florida – Oct. 28 (In Jacksonville, Florida)
15. LSU at Florida – Oct. 7
17. FSU at Florida – Nov. 25
23. Georgia at Auburn – Nov. 11
24. Tennessee at Florida – Sept. 16
26. Michigan vs Florida – Sept. 2 (In Arlington, Texas)
28. Auburn at LSU – Oct. 14
32. Georgia at Notre Dame – Sept. 9
33. Georgia at Tennessee – Sept. 30
34. Tennessee at Alabama – Oct. 21
43. Tennessee vs Georgia Tech – Sept. 4 (In Atlanta, Georgia)
49. Ole Miss at Mississippi State – Nov. 23
Athlon’s full list can be found here.