SEC home to half of nation's top 25 recruiters, according to 247Sports
While recruiting services are known for rating prospects, the coaches who try to woo them get graded, too.
It should come as no surprise that 247Sports.com’s list of the nation’s top 25 recruiters is littered with SEC coaches, especially after the league dominated the first day of the Early Signing Period on Wednesday. Thirteen SEC coaches appear among the top 25, showing just how large of an influence the conference has in recruiting circles.
Naturally, Alabama headlines the rankings with the best two recruiters and four overall in the top 20. Georgia, which sits behind the top-ranked Crimson Tide in the 2019 team rankings, placed three coaches among the top 15.
Auburn, Arkansas, LSU and Texas A&M are also home to some of the nation’s best when it comes to recruiting.
With that in mind, it’s clear how the SEC pulled in more 5-star prospects than the rest of the nation combined on the first day of the Early Signing Period and why the top four classes in the country hail from the conference.
Below is a list of all 13 SEC recruiters on 247Sports’ list, along with the position they coach:
- 1. Tosh Lupoi, Alabama (DC)
- 2. Brent Key, Alabama (OL)
- 3. Glenn Schumann, Georgia (ILB)
- 7. Rodney Garner, Auburn (AHC)
- 8. Tray Scott, Georgia (DL)
- 10. Barry Lunney Jr., Arkansas (TE)
- 12. Corey Raymond, LSU (DB)
- 14. Joe Pannuzio, Alabama (RB)
- 15. Dan Lanning, Georgia (OLB)
- 18. Maurice Linguist, TAMU (CB)
- 20. Josh Gattis, Alabama (WR)
- 23. Dennis Johnson, LSU (DL)
- 24. Dameyune Craig, TAMU (WR)