SEC leads entire nation in teams projected to make NCAA Tournament in ESPN's latest bracketology
The days of the Southeastern Conference being perceived as a weak basketball conference are long dead.
Not only is the SEC judged as an improved league, but you could also make the case the league has never been better and could very well be the nation’s best basketball conference. You don’t have to take our word for it, just look at ESPN’s updated bracketology list put out by Joe Lunardi.
Lunardi has eight teams for the SEC currently in the field with three teams currently seeded as a five seed or better. According to Lunardi, Arkansas could play its way into becoming the 9th SEC team to get into the field down the stretch.
Here is every SEC team listed in ESPN’s updated bracketology, broken down by region:
- #1 Tennessee vs. #16 TBD
- #7 Mississippi State vs. #10 Oklahoma
- #11 Florida vs. #6 Iowa
- #2 Kentucky vs. #15 Montana
- #8 Ole Miss vs. #9 Ohio State
- #11 Alabama vs. #6 Kansas State
- #5 LSU vs. #12 Belmont
- #7 Auburn vs. #10 Wofford
On the bubble
- Last Four Byes: Ohio State, Minnesota, Alabama, Florida
- Next Four Out: Utah State, Clemson, Arkansas, Saint Mary’s