SEC Network reveals 14 teams in 14 days programming plan
The SEC Network will make its debut Thursday at 6 p.m. ET with a three-hour ‘SEC Now’ show that will visit every SEC school and the 21 sports within the SEC.
The following 14 days of programming includes several specials featuring program-specific season previews, greatest games and player features leading into the network’s live opener pitting Texas A&M and South Carolina at Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia, S.C. on Aug. 28.
According to ESPN, the SEC Network’s first two weeks of programming will include the following:
Highlights of 14 Schools in 14 Days:
• SEC Team Previews – every SEC team will have its own 30-minute college football preview show with analysts Greg McElory and Booger McFarland breaking down the team’s potential for the 2014 season
• “Best of” games: each school, over 14 days, will have a marathon of great games from the last 5-10 years
• All-Access: four 30-minute specials taking viewers inside preseason practices throughout the conference as teams prepare for the 2014 season
• SEC Football BCS National Championships – the SEC won nine BCS National Championships, including seven consecutive titles between 2007 and 2013. On Saturday, Aug. 16 SEC Network will air an 18-hour marathon of SEC BCS National Championship wins
• SEC & The Heisman – on Sunday, Aug. 17 viewers have the chance to relive SEC games featuring standout performances from SEC Heisman winners; The games will be followed by a one-hour special with the SEC greats who have taken home the most prestigious trophy in college sports and an SEC Rewind game from 1980 featuring two Heisman trophy winners – Georgia’s Herschel Walker and South Carolina’s George Rogers
• SEC Storied – an ESPN film series from the creators of the Peabody and Emmy Award-winning 30 for 30 series, focusing on the people, teams, moments and events that tell the ongoing story of the SEC
• Men’s Basketball – three games from the Kentucky Men’s Basketball Big Blue Bahamas Tour will air live on SEC Network August 15-17 at 1 p.m.
• Soccer – Georgia at Ole Miss will kick off the soccer season on SEC Network Friday, Aug. 22.