SEC in the pros: Best performances of the week
It was another wild week in the NFL. Let’s take a look at how former SEC players stacked up in the pros this weekend.
- RB Matt Jones — The Florida product has shown flashes all season for the Redskins. It looks like he will eventually replace Alfred Morris, and deserves the accolades. Sunday, Jones racked up 54 yards on the ground and another 131 yards through the air. He took a screen for a 78-yard touchdown.
GIF: Behind some huge blocks, Matt Jones takes the screen pass 78yds for the Touch Down. #Redskins pic.twitter.com/Il5KzxsOYX
— Chad Ryan (@ChadwikoRCC) November 15, 2015
- WR Mike Evans — The former Texas A&M standout snagged eight catches for 126 yards to help lead Tampa Bay over Dallas on Sunday. The James Winston-to-Evans connection is still a work in progress, but this may prove to be a dangerous combo.
- QB Matthew Stafford — Stafford has had a tough go this season. Detroit is a mess, but Sunday, Stafford and his squad shined. The former Georgia QB passed for 242 yards and two TDs as the Lions topped the Packers on the road for the first time since 1991.
- QB Johnny Manziel — The former Texas A&M Heisman Trophy winner should be the starter moving forward. Sunday, Manziel completed 33-of-45 his passes for 372 yards, a TD and an interception.
- OLB Justin Houston — The former Georgia standout continues to be one of the most underrated defensive players in the NFL. Sunday, he rattled Peyton Manning with two sacks against Denver. The Chiefs went on to upset the Broncos 29-13.
- MLB Jasper Brinkley — This name may not be familiar to casual NFL fans. Jon Beason went down for the season and Brinkley has taken advantage of the opportunity. The former South Carolina standout had 12 tackles and a sack in the Giants’ near upset of the Patriots.