SI expert Andy Staples makes picks for every SEC bowl game
The 2018 college football bowl season is about to start, but the first SEC bowl action isn’t for a while yet.
Still, excitement is building for a number of big-time matchups. On Thursday, Sports Illustrated expert Andy Staples made his picks, and he thinks the SEC will go 6-5 this bowl season (7-5 if you include Alabama winning the title).
Below, you can see what he thinks will happen in each of the conference’s 11 bowl matchups:
- Texas Bowl: Baylor over Vanderbilt
- Music City Bowl: Purdue over Auburn
- Peach Bowl: Michigan over Florida
- Belk Bowl: South Carolina over Virginia
- Liberty Bowl: Mizzou over Oklahoma State
- Gator Bowl: Texas A&M over NC State
- Outback Bowl: Mississippi State over Iowa
- Citrus Bowl: Penn State over Kentucky
- Fiesta Bowl: UCF over LSU
- Sugar Bowl: Georgia over Texas
- Orange Bowl: Alabama over Oklahoma
There are still some players with bowl decisions to make, so this could change, but for now, it’s a good look at where things currently stand.