As we enter the second half of the 2018 season, more teams will start to become bowl eligible, and we’ll start to see what tiers of bowls teams will be vying for.
This week, Sports Illustrated updated its bowl projections, and 10 SEC teams are projected to go to bowls this postseason.
As you can see below, Alabama is predicted to meet Clemson in the Cotton Bowl (a College Football Playoff semifinal). Here’s where the other teams are projected to play:
- Cotton Bowl (CFP) vs. Clemson
- Outback Bowl vs. Michigan State
- Citrus Bowl vs. Iowa
- Sugar Bowl vs. West Virginia
- Belk Bowl vs. Duke
- Music City Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- Liberty Bowl vs. Iowa State
- Birmingham Bowl vs. Temple
- TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Indiana
- Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
Check back next week to see how the projections change following what’s sure to be another thrilling slate of SEC matchups.