10 biggest stories you missed in Week 3
Now that Week 3 is officially in the books, let’s look at the 10 biggest stories you may have missed during the weekend.
1. Ole Miss upset Alabama 43-37 in Tuscaloosa, in part because of one of the wildest catches you’ll ever see.
2. ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit got into it on Twitter with former Ole Miss cheerleader Leigh Anne Tuohy (of “The Blind Side” fame). Tuohy apparently thought Herbstreit made disparaging remarks about the Rebels’ chance to win on Saturday.
4. A report on Sunday stated former LSU tight end Tyler Edwards, 26, died Saturday night in Monroe, La.
5. Georgia QB Greyson Lambert set the school record for consecutive completions as the Bulldogs handled South Carolina.
6. Georgia LB Jake Ganus proposed to his girlfriend, Peyton Thomas, on the field after the Bulldogs’ win.
7. Six SEC teams remained in this week’s AP Top 25 poll, but Alabama’s streak of 69 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 came to an end.
8. Arkansas lost at home to Texas Tech, and then Red Raiders coach Kliff Kingsbury lashed out at Razorbacks coach Bret Bielema.
9. Tennessee took care of Western Carolina, and Evan Berry had a special play after his brother was honored at Neyland Stadium.
10. SDS Nation signs tell it like it is, dominate the College GameDay scene.