Where every SEC QB ranks in ESPN's QBR after Week 7
Need another reason to believe Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is the early frontrunner to win this season’s Heisman Trophy? ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating has it for you.
Through seven weeks of the season, Tagovailoa has the best Total QBR in college football at 96.1, just ahead of Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts (94.9) and Ohio State’s Justin Fields (94.4). Tagovailoa has been impressive during the No. 1 Crimson Tide’s 6-0 start, passing for 2,011 yards, 27 touchdowns and one interception.
Tagovailoa ranked second last week, but he took over the top spot after passing for 293 yards and four touchdowns in a win over Texas A&M on Saturday.
Several other SEC quarterbacks are near the top of the Total QBR rankings, as LSU’s Joe Burrow (4), Georgia’s Jake Fromm (12) and Florida’s Kyle Trask (15) are all in the top 15.
Here’s a look at the SEC quarterbacks with the best Total QBR at this point in the season (with overall rankings in parentheses):
- Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, 96.1 (1)
- Joe Burrow, LSU, 93.3 (4)
- Jake Fromm, Georgia, 80.7 (12)
- Kyle Trask, Florida, 78.4 (15)
- Garrett Shrader, Mississippi State, 77.7 (19)
- Kelly Bryant, Missouri, 74.7 (23)
- Kellen Mond, Texas A&M, 73.7 (27)
- John Rhys Plumlee, Ole Miss, 70.7 (39)
- Ryan Hilinski, South Carolina, 62.8 (60)
- Bo Nix, Auburn, 61.7 (64)
- Jarrett Guarantano, Tennessee, 56.6 (74)
- Matt Corral, Ole Miss, 51.8 (86)
- Nick Starkel, Arkansas, 45.4 (99)
- Riley Neal, Vanderbilt, 32.0 (119)