Which SEC College basketball teams have the most expensive tickets for the 2019-20 season
Six SEC basketball teams are among the Top 25 in terms of price on the secondary market this season, including Kentucky, which at $235 is the second priciest ticket in the NCAA. Only Duke at $670 will cost fans more.
In the SEC, the average asking price for a basketball ticket is $110, the third-highest of any conference on the secondary market. The priciest conference is the Atlantic Coast with a $218 average, and the cheapest is $80 for a Pac-12 game. The SEC teams in the Top 25 Price List are No. 2 Kentucky, No. 8 Florida, No. 11 Auburn, No. 20 LSU, No. 22 Arkansas, and No. 24 Tennessee.
Where To Buy SEC College Basketball Tickets?
From single-game tickets to mini-plans to season tickets, there are lots of different ways to get tickets to even the hottest college basketball games of the season. The question is where to shop. For most teams, fans can buy primary market tickets via Ticketmaster or Paciolan, but should always check the secondary market, as there are often better deals and a wider selection. Below we offer a more detailed analysis for the Top 25 teams, including primary vs. secondary average and unique offerings like mini-plans.
On the secondary market, TicketIQ has Low Price Guarantees on all SEC basketball tickets on the 2019-20 schedule, in addition to Low Price Guarantees on all NCAA basketball tickets. That means that if you find a secondary market ticket for less on a site like StubHub or Vivid Seats, we’ll give you 200% of the difference in ticket credit. TicketIQ customers save an average of 5%-20% compared to StubHub and SeatGeek. Below is a seating chart for a typical middle of the road demand game including ticket prices by zone.
Below are breakdowns of the SEC teams in the top 25 in terms of secondary market average list price. For the full list, visit the TicketIQ blog.
- Secondary market average asking price: $235
- Most expensive game: December 28 vs. Louisville – Tickets starting at $198
- Primary availability: Fans can request information about season tickets or mini-packs through the Kentucky website. Single-game tickets are available via Ticketmaster and start as low as $30 for seats on the upper level for most games.
- Secondary market average asking price: $101
- Most expensive game: March 7, 2020, vs. Kentucky Wildcats – Tickets start at $85
- Primary availability: Single-game tickets are available on Ticketmaster starting as low as $10 in the 200 sections for non-conference games and up to $55 against Kentucky. In other sections, seats start at $15 on the corners and behind the baskets in the 100 sections and $25 in the 100 sections along the sidelines or the in the floor sections behind the baskets. Mini plans are sold out. Season tickets are available for between $300-$375, depending on location, as well as a required seat booster contribution.
- Secondary market average asking price: $90
- Most expensive game: February 1, 2020, vs. Kentucky – Tickets start at $90 for SRO
- Primary availability: For games currently on sale, there are a limited number of tickets available directly from the team starting at $6.
- Secondary market average asking price: $82
- Most expensive game: February 18, 2020, vs. Kentucky – Tickets start at $68
- Primary availability: Season tickets and mini plans are still available for LSU basketball. Fans can get season-ticket information by calling 225-578-0100. Mini plans are available for three or five games, and there is also a “Mobile Flex Pass,” for $150, which includes 14 games and can be used for games against Kentucky and Florida. The five-game pack starts at $85 and fans can select either the Florida or Kentucky game, and the three-game pack starts at $45 and does not include the Florida or Kentucky games. Single-game tickets are available for six non-conference games via Paciolan and start at $5 per ticket.
- Secondary market average asking price: $79
- Most expensive game: January 18, 2020, vs. Kentucky – Tickets start at $51
- Primary availability: Season tickets start at $225 with the Tusk Mobile Pass. Pass holders get access to all home games, seat locations vary, and assignments will be sent to mobile devices 48 hours before tip-off. The Razorbacks also offer season tickets and mini plans, which start as low as $99 on the upper level for a five-game pack that includes Kentucky. Single-game tickets are available for many games, though the higher-interest games are sold out. Single-game tickets start at between $15-$20, depending on the opponent.
- Secondary market average asking price: $73
- Most expensive game: February 8, 2020, vs. Kentucky – Tickets start at $52
- Primary availability: Key games, including against Wisconsin and Kentucky are already sold out, but single-game tickets to other games are available starting as low as $10 for seats on the corners or near the baseline on the upper level via the AllVols website. Information about season tickets is available here.