Shane Beamer finalizes South Carolina staff, lands offensive line coach
Shane Beamer’s first South Carolina coaching staff has been finalized as the first-year Gamecock coach now has an offensive line coach to round out his full-time coaching staff in Columbia.
The new Gamecock offensive line coach will be former Marshall offensive line coach, Greg Adkins. This news was first reported by Chris Clark of Gamecock Central.
Adkins is, of course, the second offensive line coach hired by Beamer this offseason as South Carolina previously hired Will Friend but he left after just two weeks on the job to be Auburn’s new offensive line coach.
Adkins comes to South Carolina after three seasons with Marshall, he also has experience coaching offensive lines at Oklahoma State (2015-17), Syracuse (2009-12), Tennessee (2003-08), Troy (2001-02) and Georgia (1996-2000).
Following this hire, here is an updated look at South Carolina’s coaching staff for the 2021 season:
- Marcus Satterfield – Offensive coordinator
- Clayton White – Defensive coordinator
- Justin Stepp – Receivers
- Des Kitchings – Running backs
- Mike Peterson – Outside linebacker
- Erik Kimrey – Tight end
- Jimmy Lindsey – Defensive line
- Greg Adkins – Offensive line
- Pete Lembo – Special teams
- Torrian Gray – Defensive backs