Details of South Carolina linebackers coach Rod Wilson's contract released
Rod Wilson has officially come home.
Not long after finalizing the contracts of defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and director of player personnel Drew Hughes, both of which came over from Jeremy Pruitt’s Tennessee staff, South Carolina’s Board of Trustees have approved the contract of Will Muschamp’s new linebackers coach, Rod Wilson.
Wilson, a former South Carolina defender, served the last three seasons on the Kansas City Chiefs coaching staff and is coming off a Super Bowl win with the NFL franchise. In addition to his experience in the NFL, Wilson has experience coaching in college with the Charleston Southern program.
Wilson’s return to Columbia as a member of Will Muschamp’s South Carolina coaching staff was first reported by Chris Clark and Wes Mitchell of Gamecock Central.
South Carolina’s new linebackers coach is set to make $275,000 on a one year deal, as noted by Josh Kendall of The Athletic.
With Wilson now joining the Gamecock staff, Muschamp now has five coaches set on each side of the ball.
South Carolina 2020 coaching staff
- Mike Bobo – Offensive coordinator
- Travaris Robinson – Defensive coordinator/defensive backs
- Bobby Bentley – Running backs
- Mike Peterson – Outside linebackers
- Tracy Rocker – Defensive line
- Joe Cox – Tight end
- Eric Wolford – Offensive line
- Kyle Krantz – Special teams coordinator/assistant defensive backs
- Bryan McClendon – Receivers
- Rod Wilson – Linebackers