South Carolina suffers third decommitment in a week, this time from safety out of North Carolina
South Carolina has lost its third commitment of this recruiting class since coach Will Muschamp was fired last week.
The latest loss is Bryce Steele, a 3-star recruit out of Raleigh, North Carolina (Millbrook), who committed to the Gamecocks in April. He thanked the coaching staff for the opportunity, but said it is, “the best decision for me at this time.” Steele has a reported 16 offers, including Kentucky, and several ACC and Big Ten teams.
Steele, at 6-foot-1 and 207 pounds, is listed as a S/LB and ranked the No. 17 inside linebacker in the country, and the No. 20 player in the state of North Carolina, according to the 247Sports Composite.
The Gamecocks already had decommitments from wide receivers Rodarius Thomas and Simeon Price.
Earlier this month, Steele told 247Sports, “Me and my family talked about it, and as of now I am still committed to South Carolina,” Steele told 247Sports on Nov. 16. “I am not going to go out and say I am going to decommit until I find out who the next head coach is going to be. As of right now I am just waiting for them to hire someone new.”
Please respect my decision. pic.twitter.com/1oUcL5kLUZ
— Bryce Steele (@bryce_steele1) November 24, 2020