Jimbo Fisher adds to his Texas A&M support staff
As we all know, the arms race in the Southeastern Conference extends far beyond the field.
Facilities often take center stage when discussing the signs of support each SEC program receives from its leadership on campus but in recent years, the size of a support staff has become increasingly larger in college sports.
To keep up with the machine that is Nick Saban’s Alabama program, fellow SEC programs have been working hard to build up their support staff. That’s no different at Texas A&M where Jimbo Fisher is being given all the resources he needs in College Station to compete in the SEC West.
The latest sign of that comes with the hire of Harland Bower, who previously served as the defensive line coach at South Alabama. According to FootballScoop, Bower will serve as a defensive analyst for Fisher’s Aggie program.
Texas A&M’s new analyst has served five seasons as an on-the-field coach in college football, in addition to two seasons at Notre Dame as a graduate assistant.
Bower played for Central Michigan before transferring to Georgia Southern to finish out his college career. He is a native of Edison, N.J.
Harland Bower coaching experience
- Texas A&M — defensive analyst, 2021
- South Alabama — defensive line coach, 2018-2020
- Notre Dame — graduate assistant coach, 2016-17
- Central Arkansas — outside linebackers coach, 2014-15
- Troy — graduate assistant coach, 2013
- Rutgers — quality control coach, 2012
- Murray State — assistant coach/assistant strength & conditioning coach, 2011
- Georgia Military College — assistant coach/assistant strength & conditioning coach, 2010
God is good! #GigEm
— Coach Harland Bower (@Coach_Bower) March 15, 2021