Tennessee ended its losing streak last weekend at home against Southern Miss but things get much tougher this week as the Vols travel to a Missouri team coming off three consecutive wins. Needing two wins in order to make a bowl game, with only three remaining, this game will be critical for Tennessee’s bowl chances.
Butch Jones coach spoke Wednesday during the SEC Coaches Teleconference.
Here’s a summary of what he had to say:
- Opening comments: Great, great challenge looking at Mizzou. Very explosive offense, Drew Lock is as good as any team we’ve seen. Defense is disruptive up front. We are looking forward to it.
- What jumps out about their offense? A lot. The management of the offense by Drew Lock. They challenge your discipline on every play. They create space, forcing you to tackle one-on-one.
- Does Drew Lock remind you of everyone? He has some different attributes. He can make every throw. He also knows when to get down. He’s got a lively arm. He can throw the deep ball. His biggest asset is quickness of release.
- How much stress does Mizzou put on your own offense? We have to get care of the football first and foremost. That was the theme last year. It came down to who made the most plays and we were able to do that. They’ve been scoring and moving the ball on everyone.
- What is Tennessee’s identity on offense? We have had to re-establish our identity with all the injuries we have had. I think the pride took over last Saturday.