Jeremy Pruitt announces 2 Tennessee players have left the team
News broke Tuesday that Tennessee DB Terrell Bailey had entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal. On Wednesday’s weekly media teleconference, Volunteers head coach Jeremy Pruitt said Bailey has left the team and revealed another departure from the UT roster: WR Jordan Murphy.
Pruitt also talked about the performance of OL Trey Smith, the offensive line rotation and more:
- On OL Trey Smith and how he held up: Trey played 31 snaps. Just like any football game, he got banged up. He could have played more, he has done well. We are sticking with the plan.
- On DB Terell Bailey: He is no longer on our team. Jordan Murphy is no longer on our team. Several guys have chosen to leave.
- On Jeremy Banks: I felt like he played hard. It was tough on the kid. When we moved him, he had a death in the family… he does have some recall from that time but he flies around and plays like you are supposed to play.
- On the OL rotation: We have to do whatever it takes to win, we felt playing nine guys gave us the best chance. When you have competition and a few guys, you need to see them play to see which ones are the best.
- On dealing with a loss this tough: If you coach long enough, every loss is the same. They don’t count for more than any other, right?…
We have to go back and improve.
- On his team in practice: we have had a really good fall camp, really good. There have been few days we haven’t improved. We have some guys that are playing for the first time… we have some guys that are gaining experience, they have worked hard the entire camp and they will continue to do that, that’s how we handle our business.