National Signing Day predictions: Tennessee
Butch Jones is doing it again, but this time, it’s even better.
Tennessee’s expected to bring in a Top 10 signing class for the second consecutive year in February, one currently ranked as the nation’s fifth-best haul.
Here’s a review of Tennessee’s strengths heading into bowl week after the holiday and a few predictions on where the Vols could end up in February. We use 247Sports’ team rankings and individual composite player lists to determine grades:
- National recruiting rank: 5th
- SEC recruiting rank: 3rd
- Number of commits or signees: 26
Signed, sealed, delivered
- Alvin Kamara, RB, Hutchinson, Kan. (Four-star)
Notable hard commits
- Kahlil McKenzie, DT, Concord, Ca. (Five-star)
- Preston Williams, WR, Lovejoy, Ga. (Five-star)
- Shy Tuttle, DT, Lexington, N.C. (Five-star)
- Jauan Jennings, QB, Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Four-star)
Remaining primary targets
- Kyle Phillips, DE, Nashville (Four-star)
- D’Andre Walker, DE, Fairburn, Ga. (Four-star)
Signing Day surprise
- It’s not often in late-December coaching staffs are comfortable with an incoming class, but Tennessee’s 26 current commits gives the Vols reason to celebrate. All appear to be solid in their decision and none are expected to flips. The Vols are still after Kyle Phillips, a four-star defensive end out of Nashville, along with four-star tackle Drew Richmond, an Ole Miss commit.