UT QB Dobbs named as finalist for Unitas Golden Arm Award
On Thursday, Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs was named as a finalist on the 15-man list for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.
Dating back to 1987, this award was presented to the nation’s best quarterback — from both an on-the-field and off-the-field standpoint.
Dobbs has thrown 14 touchdowns and has rushed for five scores through the first six games of this season. He leads the conference in touchdowns, and is fourth in UT history with 7,340 yards passing.
Here are the other finalists for the award — which also features Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly and Texas A&M signal-caller Trevor Knight:
- J.T. Barrett (Ohio State)
- Luke Falk (Washington State)
- Chad Kelly (Ole Miss)
- Trevor Knight (Texas A&M)
- Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)
- Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)
- Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State)
- Cooper Rush (Central Michigan)
- Seth Russell (Baylor)
- Zach Terrell (Western Michigan)
- Mitch Trubisky (North Carolina)
- Greg Ward, Jr. (Houston)
- Deshaun Watson (Clemson)
- Davis Webb (California)