Texas 2023 Big 12 Schedule Release: Longhorns' opponents for next season revealed
Texas is entering what could be its final year in the Big 12. Meanwhile, 4 new teams — Houston, BYU, UCF and Cincinnati — are joining the league this coming fall.
On Tuesday, the Big 12 announced its schedule for the 2023 season, and the Longhorns will face both sets of Cougars (BYU and Houston) while avoiding the Knights and Bearcats.
Here’s a look at who the Longhorns will play and what dates the games will take place this upcoming season:
- Saturday, Sept. 2 — vs. Rice
- Saturday, Sept. 9 — at Alabama
- Saturday, Sept. 16 — vs. Wyoming
- Saturday, Sept. 23 — at Baylor
- Saturday, Sept. 30 — vs. Kansas
- Saturday, Oct. 7 — vs. Oklahoma (in Dallas)
- Saturday, Oct. 14 — OFF
- Saturday, Oct. 21 — at Houston
- Saturday, Oct. 28 — vs. BYU
- Saturday, Nov. 4 — Kansas State
- Saturday, Nov. 11 — at TCU
- Saturday, Nov. 18 — at Iowa State
- Friday, Nov. 24 — vs. Texas Tech
Times and TV information for the games have yet to be determined.
Interestingly, while every other Big 12 team put out its own schedule release video, Texas and Oklahoma simply retweeted the league’s official tweet:
The moment you have all been waiting for since September 10, 2021…
Introducing the 2023 #Big12FB Schedule
?️ https://t.co/JXIqy2hBYK pic.twitter.com/myhFjT9K2v
— Big 12 Conference (@Big12Conference) January 31, 2023
Will the Longhorns and Sooners be in the SEC by the 2024 season? Nothing is official yet, but things do seem to be trending that way. We’ll see if any new information comes out about the negotiations in the coming weeks or months.