Reports: Arkansas hires offensive assistant from Georgia State, former HS coach
Sam Pittman has reportedly found his running backs coach.
Jimmy Smith, formerly at Georgia State, will take the same position at Arkansas, according to reports by HawgSports.com and FootballScoop. The 2019 season was Smith’s first on the Georgia State staff. He’ll provide the Razorbacks some Peach State recruiting connections, having spent six years as athletic director, head football coach and head track coach at Cedar Grove High School in Atlanta. The Cedar Grove Saints won state championships in football in 2016 and ’18 as well as four track and field state championships (2015-18).
Georgia State rushed for 241.6 yards per game on 45.8 carries per game, an average of 5.3 yards per rush.
The hires of Smith and special teams coordinator Scott Fountain complete Pittman’s on-field staff, as they join:
- Defensive coordinator – Barry Odom
- Offensive coordinator – Kendal Briles
- Offensive line coach – Brad Davis
- Tight ends coach – Jon Cooper
- Wide receivers coach – Justin Stepp
- Defensive line coach – Derrick LeBlanc
- Linebackers coach – Rion Rhoades
- Cornerbacks coach – Sam Carter