Auburn announced game policies and changes ahead of 2020 season
On Thursday, Auburn detailed some of its gameday policies for the 2020 season. The Tigers had already announced Jordan-Hare Stadium capacity would be reduced to 20 percent with primarily student attendance.
The Thursday announcement offers details on policies and protocols regarding ticketing, seating and fan experiences. The full release with all guidelines and policies can be viewed here.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Student locations are general admission and first-come, first-served, but students are asked to sit in the designated sections listed on their game ticket. Students will also receive an email communication during the week of the game that identifies their assigned zone.
- For the Kentucky game, students should only sit in the orange chairbacks; blue chairbacks are for home team and visiting player guests.
- Physical distance signage and markings will be placed at all entry gates.
- Fans must wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth) while in the stadium.
- Stadium workers and athletics staff will wear face coverings at all times.
- Directional signage, stanchions, and barriers will be installed to facilitate six-foot physical distance at entry gates, concourse pathways, concessions and merchandise queues and seating areas.
- Event staff will assist in directing ticket holders through appropriate routes to seating areas, concession stands and restrooms.
- Seating arrangements will provide for physical distance. Ticketed seats will be pre-marked with an Auburn Athletics provided chairback.
- Empty bleacher seats between pre-marked seats will not be available for seating.
- Blocked rows will be marked with tape and not available for seating but will be used as a means of ingress/egress in and out of the section.
- Physical distancing will be maintained throughout the facility to the fullest extent possible, including limiting field access in accordance with SEC and NCAA recommendations.
- Per SEC policy, bands, cheerleaders/spirit squads and mascots (both live and costumed) are restricted from performing and being on the field before games and at halftime.
- To comply with the SEC policy of no live animals on the field, the eagle flight will not occur in Jordan-Hare Stadium on gamedays during the 2020 season.
- The Southeastern Raptor Center’s Football, Fans and Feathers will still be held on Fridays at 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:00 a.m. before Auburn home games; limited to the first 50 guests.
- Per SEC policy, bands will be restricted from performing on the field before games and at halftime. The policy may be revised during the year based on developments around COVID-19. The Auburn Band will perform from the stands to begin the 2020 season.
- Auburn Spirit Squad (Cheerleaders and Tiger Paws) will be located on the front rows of sections 25 and 26.
- In accordance with state and local health guidelines, the following fan experience activities will be placed on hold for the 2020 season:
- Game Day Auction Experiences
- Friday Football Luncheon
- Friday Football Locker Room Tours
- Tiger Transit Game Day Shuttles
- Band Gameday Practice – Temporarily Closed to the Public
- Coca-Cola Fanfest
- Home Plate Tailgate
- Four-Corners Rally and Spirit March
- Tiger Walk
- Band March Around
- Wellness Kitchen Brunch
Auburn opens its 2020 campaign hosting Kentucky. The game is set for an 11 a.m. CT kickoff, airing on the SEC Network.