Auburn is coming off a tough loss at Clemson that saw the offense score only six points despite two trips inside the Clemson five-yard line. The Tigers also gave up 11 sacks in the game, something head coach Gus Malzahn discussed during his appearance on the SEC Coaches Teleconference Wednesday.
Malzahn was the last coach to speak during the teleconference. While he didn’t speak for very long, he did update the status of three of his players.
Here’s a summary of what he said:
- Our team has rebounded from the tough loss. We have practiced well this week and we are looking forward to getting out there against Mercer.
- Thoughts on Lamar Jackson playing Clemson: After playing Clemson’s defensive front, they are as good as advertised. They have a very good defense but Lamar Jackson is a QB that can do things that no other QB can do.
- What did Auburn did so well against you? In passing situations, they play very well. They are tough to move. When they pin their ears back, it is impressive.
- Status of Sean White? Sean White is back, he’s had a good week of practice.
- What is the status of Kerryon Johnson? Kerryon is still day-to-day.
- What is the status of Nick Ruffin? Nick Ruffin is also day-to-day, he practiced yesterday.
- Malzahn indicates the team will give more running backs carriers against Mercer.