College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 4 projection
The latest college football rankings will be released Sunday afternoon, but Saturday gave us thrilling results on some incredible games. In fact, it was the most entertaining Saturday yet.
Top-ranked Alabama narrowly escaped a win against No. 11 Florida in The Swamp. Yes, Alabama won, but Florida made some very favorable impressions on folks around the country. It’s unlikely the Gators will fall too far.
No. 10 Penn State also had a huge 28-20 win over No. 22 Auburn in Happy Valley for the annual whiteout game. How far will Penn State move up?
How will the AP Top 25 Week 4 rankings look? Below is our projection on how we think the top 25 will shake out Sunday.
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (def. Florida 31-29)
2. Georgia Bulldogs (def. South Carolina 40-13)
3. Oklahoma Sooners (def. Nebraska 23-16)
4. Oregon Ducks (def. Stony Brook 48-7)
5. Iowa Hawkeyes (def. Kent State 30-7)
6. Penn State Nittany Lions (def. Auburn 28-20)
7. Texas A&M Aggies (def. New Mexico 34-0)
8. Cincinnati Bearcats (def. Indiana 38-24)
9. Clemson Tigers (def. Georgia Tech 14-8)
10. Ohio State Buckeyes (def. Tulsa 41-20)
11. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (def. Purdue 27-13)
12. Florida Gators (lost to Alabama 31-29)
13. Iowa State Cyclones (def. UNLV 48-3)
14. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (def. Buffalo 28-25)
15. Michigan State Spartans (def. Miami 38-17)
16. Ole Miss Rebels (def. Tulane 61-21)
17. Arkansas Razorbacks (def. Georgia Southern 45-10)
18. Wisconsin Badgers (bye)
19. BYU Cougars (def. Arizona State 27-17)
20. Michigan Wolverines (def. Northern Illinois 63-10)
21. UNC Tar Heels (def. Virginia 59-39)
22. UCLA Bruins (lost to Fresno State 40-37)
23. TCU Horned Frogs (Bye)
24. Liberty Flames (def. ODU 45-17)
25. USC Trojans (def. Washington State 45-14)