College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 7 projection
The college football rankings update with the AP Top 25 will be released Sunday afternoon, but it’s going to look a lot different.
Alabama will no longer be ranked No. 1, thanks to Texas A&M’s unbelievable 41-38 upset over the Tide at Kyle Field. The Georgia Bulldogs will overtake the top spot in every poll.
Iowa also knocked off Penn State in a Big Ten battle, and the Hawkeyes are having a huge season through 6 weeks. We expect Group of 5 team Cincinnati to be ranked in the top 4 Sunday, and the Bearcats may have the best chance ever for a Group of 5 team to make the Playoff.
Below is how we think the college football rankings AP Top 25 will look Sunday afternoon.
College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 7 Projection
1. Georgia Bulldogs (def. Auburn)
2. Iowa Hawkeyes (def. Penn State)
3. Alabama Crimson Tide (lost to Texas A&M)
4. Cincinnati Bearcats (def. Temple)
5. Oklahoma Sooners (def. Texas)
6. Oregon Ducks (bye)
7. Ohio State Buckeyes (def. Maryland)
8. Michigan Wolverines (def. Nebraska)
9. Michigan State Spartans (def. Rutgers)
10. Penn State Nittany Lions (lost to Iowa)
11. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (def. Virginia Tech)
12. Oklahoma State Cowboys (bye)
13. Kentucky Wildcats (def. LSU)
14. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (def. Arkansas State)
15. Ole Miss Rebels (def. Arkansas)
16. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (def. Syracuse)
17. Florida Gators (def. Vanderbilt)
18. Arkansas Razorbacks (lost to Ole Miss)
19. BYU Cougars (lost to Boise State)
20. Arizona State Sun Devils (def. Stanford)
21. Texas A&M Aggies (def. Alabama)
22. NC State Wolfpack (bye)
23. SMU Mustangs (def. Navy)
24. Auburn Tigers (lost to Georgia)
25. San Diego State Aztecs (def. New Mexico)