What Dan Mullen said after Florida's win over Missouri to wrap up SEC play
Florida leaves Columbia, Missouri 9-2 overall, going 6-2 in SEC play thanks to a 23-6 win over Mizzou. For UF, a two-game losing skid to the Tigers is over. Dan Mullen’s squad will be scoreboard watching SEC East leader Georgia. The next time the Gators take the field will be back in The Swamp against arch-rival Florida State on Nov. 30.
After the win over MU, Mullen met with reporters on hand. Here are the highlights of what he said in his postgame press conference:
- Fantastic effort by the defense holding Missouri to six points at home.
- Offensively, played well aside from negative yardage plays.
- “Everybody gets all freaked out about the rushing, but I don’t.”
- On Josh Hammond’s TD: “Beautiful catch… amazing.”
- Calls four senior wide receivers a “special group.”
- Perine’s pass-catching will help him in the NFL.
- Injuries on the defensive line have helped Gators develop some depth.
- Trainers are hopeful Amari Burney will be back for Florida State game in two weeks.
- DL Jabari Zuniga, who missed game, “should be fine” for FSU game. Should be full-go for practice during FSU week.
- “We’ll get ready to go play State in a couple weeks. That’s a fun game, man. That’s what it’s all about – going to play those guys, and hopefully, get to another good bowl game.”
- On Emory Jones: “You know what I think he’s done a really good job of? Of being ready. Of sitting there and ‘hey, I’m going to roll you in.'”
- More on Jones: “I haven’t opened it up for him completely in the pass game, yet, but I think it’s starting to build his confidence up.”
- On Marco Wilson at nickel: “He’s a playmaker. He’s really bought in and adapted to that.”