20 reasons it's better to be a Georgia fan than an LSU fan
After a long, crazy season, the SEC Championship game is finally here. And what better way to cap it all of than with Georgia vs. LSU. It’s the nation’s best offense vs. one of the nation’s best defenses. It’s the top quarterback in the nation vs. one that is pretty average but can make one specific type of pass really well. It’s one of the best receiving corps in the country vs. a receiving corps that might not exist for the first half.
We can’t wait, and if you don’t know who to root for, we want to help you out. Here are 20 reasons it’s better to be a Georgia fan than an LSU fan. Don’t worry LSU fans, your list is right here.
1. You can actually play some defense
LSU used to know how to do this, but not this year, apparently.
2. Every game at Georgia is loud and intimidating … not just the night games
Tiger fans need a few hours of drinking, apparently.
3. Your entire program isn’t riding on whether a 30-year-old assistant decides to return
Eventually Joe Brady is going to leave. What happens then?
4. Your head coach speaks English
Unlike whatever it is that Coach O speaks.
5. You’ve got more 5-star athletes than you know what to do with
Probably because Georgia produces football players and Louisiana produces people that hang out at Church’s Chicken.
6. You’ve never doused your coach with Gatorade … and then lost
Only Coach O knows how this feels.
7. You never have to pretend you look good in purple
Imagine dressing head to toe in purple, then looking at yourself in the mirror and thinking you look good. Could only be LSU fans.
8. Your basketball coach was never the target of an FBI investigation
At least not yet, anyway.
9. None of your coaches ever ate grass
10. You’ve done a much better job at beating the Gators
In all honesty, this is the only one that matters.
11. There’s no town like Athens on game day
Anyone that’s come to visit knows it’s true.
12. It’s a much shorter drive to Atlanta
And even better, you don’t have to drive through the state of Alabama to get there.
13. You get to be the team to break the Georgia sports team curse
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Who knows, but it’s nice to be optimistic.
14. Coach O could never make plays like these
15. You got to watch the greatest running back in college football history
Herschel Walker. Put some respect on the No. 34.
16. Kirby Smart never got fired by Ole Miss
Ed Orgeron is the only coach in this game that holds that honor.
17. Mike the Tiger is nowhere near as adorable as Uga
PETA, you can ignore this one.
18. You get to play in a real rivalry game on Rivalry Week
No matter how hard you try, LSU and Texas A&M will never be a real rivalry game.
19. You never got rejected by Jimbo Fisher
To be fair, this one actually worked out in their favor.
20. People actually enjoy visiting your stadium
Ask any SEC fan about their experience going to an LSU game as an opposing fan vs. going to a UGA game. That’s all you need to know.