Georgia game-by-game predictions: ESPN's FPI projects Bulldogs' 2022 season
Georgia won the national title in 2021, riding a dominant defense to an undefeated regular season. The only loss in the Bulldogs’ entire campaign was in the SEC Championship Game against Alabama.
So, what will happen in 2022? Will the Bulldogs be able to go undefeated in the regular season once again? Or, will there be a slip-up?
Well, if you look at ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI), it looks like another dominant season is in store for Kirby Smart and company. The FPI projections for each of Georgia’s regular-season matchups have the Dawgs heavily favored in each game.
As you can see below, the Bulldogs are given at least an 83% chance to win every game, with the lowest chance of winning coming on Nov. 19 at Kentucky:
- Sept. 3 vs. Oregon (in Atlanta): 91.5% chance of winning
- Sept. 10 vs. Samford: 99.9% chance of winning
- Sept. 17 at South Carolina: 92.1% chance of winning
- Sept. 24 vs. Kent State: 99.4% chance of winning
- Oct. 1 at Mizzou: 94.1% chance of winning
- Oct. 8 vs. Auburn: 88.7% chance of winning
- Oct. 15 vs. Vanderbilt: 99.2% chance of winning
- Oct. 29 vs. Florida (in Jacksonville): 90.4% chance of winning
- Nov. 5 vs. Tennessee: 92.6% chance of winning
- Nov. 12 at Mississippi State: 85.6% chance of winning
- Nov. 19 at Kentucky: 83.3% chance of winning
- Nov. 26 vs. Georgia Tech: 97.7% chance of winning
The Bulldogs are also given a 20.9% chance of winning out, which is second only to Ohio State in the FBS ranks.
It seems the Dawgs will be heavily favored to make another trip to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game. Can Smart lead this squad back to the College Football Playoff?