ESPN's FPI predicts every game on Georgia's schedule
Georgia opened fall camp Friday afternoon to hopefully make another run at an SEC Championship.
The Bulldogs have lived with the pain of losing to Alabama and Texas to end the 2018 season, and virtually everyone predicts the Bulldogs to win the SEC East again.
Georgia’s non-conference slate is pretty strong. Murray State and Arkansas State are wins, but Notre Dame coming into Sanford Stadium is a massive national game with College Football Playoff implications. Playing Georgia Tech on the road with a new coach won’t be easy either.
The month of November is tough for the Dawgs. Florida, Missouri, Auburn, Texas A&M and Tech all come calling. That’s Murderers’ Row with five straight games and no bye weeks.
Georgia’s toughest game? ESPN’s Football Power Index says it’s the road game against Auburn. The next toughest is the showdown against Florida. The FPI projects Georgia to finish the season with a 10-2 record, and it gives the Dawgs a 2.6 percent chance of going undefeated and a 24.8 percent chance of winning the conference.
Below is Georgia’s full schedule and projected win probability, per the FPI:
- August 31: at Vanderbilt: 87.1 percent win probability
- September 7: Murray State: 99.8 percent
- September 14: Arkansas State: 97.7 percent
- September 21: Notre Dame: 70.3 percent
- October 5: at Tennessee: 66.6 percent
- October 12: South Carolina: 79.9 percent
- October 19: Kentucky: 90.7 percent
- November 2: Florida (Jacksonville): 63.2 percent
- November 9: Missouri: 81.2 percent
- November 16: at Auburn: 54.7 percent
- November 23: Texas A&M: 75.8 percent
- November 30: at Georgia Tech: 94.9 percent