LSU continues to roll on under Ed Orgeron, winning last weekend in Knoxville by a margin of 30-10 over Tennessee. The Tigers now look to achieve a nine-win regular season with a victory at home over Texas A&M.
Ed Orgeron spoke during Wednesday’s SEC Coaches Teleconference. Here’s a summary of what he had to say:
- Opening comments: Ready for a tough Texas A&M team. Very explosive on offense, leads the SEC in sacks. This will be a big night for 20 seniors that have given their all to the LSU program.
- Relationship with A&M QB Nick Starkel? He has come to my house several times. He’s a great young man with a great family, what a story.
- Did you ever think you’d be gameplanning against him? Oh no, never. I thought I might gameplan against my boys at McNeese State.
- What is it like being the leader of LSU, what’s the ride been like? College football, just knowing how volatile, it’s tremendous. Expectations are high, I know that. I’ve been in college football for 30 years now. I remember Coach Miles acting like a champion during the Texas A&M game. I learned how to stay focused and think about the game on hand.
- Thoughts on Kevin Sumlin and reports of his job going away? You hear it but you can’t pay attention to it. Kevin Sumlin is a good man, I know the coaches on that staff. I know we will get their best effort, Coach Miles won the game two years ago and it saved his job. I can only focus on the job we have to do.