Numbers of interest: ESPN 'College GameDay' streaks and trends for Florida and LSU
As fans of LSU, Florida and just about every other team are aware, ESPN’s “College GameDay” will be broadcasting from LSU Campus Quad in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Saturday morning ahead of the top-10 clash in the SEC.
LSU QB Joe Burrow will be the subject of one of the “GameDay” feature segments:
Not Your Average Joe – Joe Burrow has played his way into the Heisman conversation, but if that’s all you’ve heard about him, well, you don’t know Joe. The LSU quarterback sits down to share his many sides – from his toughness, love for cartoons and why his grandmother might be the family’s best athlete, to his fascination with superluminal time travel. Reporter: Tom Rinaldi
The Las Vegas betting line and ESPN’s Football Power Index both favor LSU. Could there be other hints of who will win on Saturday night in Death Valley? Anna Negron of ESPN shared some numbers of interest:
- Corso is 15-7 when picking the Gators, and 4-7 when picking against the Gators
- Corso has picked LSU 19 times – the Tigers are 13-6 when Lee dons the Tiger headgear
- Lee has picked against LSU nine times and is 6-3 when picking against the Tigers
- LSU has lost each of the last four times Lee has picked against them
- Corso has won each of his last three headgear picks and dating back to last year has won nine of his last 11 picks
- Lee is 9-3 in headgear picks in Baton Rouge.
Stats from ‘The Bear’
Saturday’s GameDay is road show no. 373 and headgear pick no. 338 for Lee Corso
This is the show’s 13th trip to Baton Rouge, and first for a non-Alabama game since 2014 (vs. Ole Miss)
LSU is 6-1 with GameDay in Baton Rouge when the Tigers face someone other than Alabama. The lone loss came vs. Florida in 2009
Florida is the first team to be involved in consecutive regular season GameDay shows since October 2017 (Penn State vs. Michigan and vs. Ohio State)
No. 7 hasn’t had much luck with GameDay in town lately. Last week No. 7 Auburn lost in Gainesville. On September 21, No. 7 Notre Dame lost at Georgia
- This week, No. 7 Florida heads to LSU
This is the fourth time GameDay has attended a Florida vs. LSU game in Baton Rouge
LSU has won two of the previous three. Florida won the only meeting with LSU that GameDay has attended in Gainesville.