ESPN's FPI predicts winner of Mizzou's Week 3 matchup vs. Kansas State
ESPN’s Football Power Index has released its projections for the Week 3 slate. Among those projections is the Missouri-Kansas State game.
The Tigers are welcoming the Wildcats to Columbia for what should be a tight matchup. The FPI system thinks the Wildcats have a good chance to win, giving Kansas State a 68.7% implied win probability. This means the Tigers have just a 31.3% chance of getting the home victory.
The No. 15 Wildcats have bludgeoned both of their opponents this year. In Week 1, the team beat SEMO 45-0, and in Week 2 the team beat Troy 42-13.
The Tigers are also 2-0, but have not looked as impressive thus far. The team did easily dismantle South Dakota but only managed to beat Middle Tennessee by 4 points at home.
The Tigers have had more success running the ball this season than passing. Cody Schrader has racked up 222 rushing yards through 2 games. This may not bode well, as the Wildcats have shut down opposing backs through 2 weeks, allowing just 38 yards per game.
If Missouri can pound the rock early and control the time of possession, they have a great chance to pull off an upset victory at home.
Kansas State has a potent passing attack, but Mizzou has done a good job of limiting opposing passers thus far. If the Tigers keep Will Howard in check, the Tigers could leave Week 3 with a quality win.