Ahead of Week 2 clash, Ole Miss coach Matt Luke praises Arkansas defense, Hogs RB Rakeem Boyd
After a tough loss to Memphis in Week 1, Ole Miss looks to bounce back in Week 2 taking on SEC West rival Arkansas.
The Hogs and Rebels are both looking to improve after disappointing 2018 seasons. On Wednesday’s SEC teleconference, Ole Miss coach Matt Luke discussed what he has seen from UA in person and on film:
- On Arkansas RB Rakeem Boyd: I’ve been very impressed – saw it first-hand last year, very, very good player. Tough got get him down, hew was one of the top backs we saw last year
- On Arkansas defense: We struggled vs. pressure last week, so I expect to see that. I know Arkansas DC John Chavis, worked with him, expect to see some pressure. I expect him to try to exploit our inexperienced players.
- On Week 2 improvements: I definitely think you will see some. When you are throwing in new QBs, you expect to see that.
- On the importance of this year’s game: New year, you don’t really want to look at last year, we are both totally different. It’s the next game, but it’s an important one.
- On Arkansas TE Grayson Gunnar and his recruitment: Grayson is a great young man, his dad played with my brother. They have done a nice job in the run game, pass game, he is no different. Being from Mississippi, I’m sure he will be more motivated
- On the close nature of this series: I don’t really think you know what to expect in this game but the Arkansas interior DL is very good, senior middle linebacker, they do a good job of bringing pressure. The touchdown that Portland State scored was kind of a fluke, just threw it up there.
- On Arkansas front seven: I thought they did a good job of showing pressure, 3rd down, getting to the QB… thought they did a good job mixing pressure, they did a good job.
- On Octavious Cooley: He is improved, improved his conditioning. He is a physical blocker, we expect him to have a great year.