11 SEC underclassmen have declared for the NFL Draft so far
The deadline to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft is quickly approaching, so SEC underclassmen are making big decisions about their futures.
Several big-name players have yet to make decisions, but nearly a dozen have already declared for the draft.
Auburn is getting hit particularly hard, as four Tigers have already declared, but other schools (like Alabama and Georgia) will surely lose some talented players, too.
NFL.com has a running list of which juniors have declared, and it can be found here. Here are the 11 SEC players to throw their names into the NFL Draft thus far:
- Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
- Kamryn Pettway, RB, Auburn
- Carlton Davis, DB, Auburn
- Jeff Holland, LB, Auburn
- Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida
- Taven Bryan, DL, Florida
- Breeland Speaks, DL, Ole Miss
- Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
- John Kelly, RB, Tennessee
- Rashaan Gaulden, DB, Tennessee
- Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
It’ll be interesting to see where those players get drafted and by which teams, but once again, there are sure to be plenty of SEC players — both underclassmen and seniors — who hear their name called in April.