16 SEC stars projected to go in Round 1 of The Draft Network's 2020 mock draft
We’re coming to the end of the college football season soon, and that means mock drafts will begin to pick up steam. One, in particular, has a heavy SEC flavor.
In his latest mock draft released on Monday, analyst Jordan Reid from The Draft Network has projected that a total of 16 players from the SEC will be chosen in the 1st round of the 2020 NFL Draft. That would easily break the record for most 1st round players from 1 conference, breaking the mark of 12 set by the ACC in 2006 and matched by the SEC in both 2013 and 2017.
Unsurprisingly, LSU quarterback Joe Burrow has been projected by Reid as the 1st overall pick by the Cincinnati Bengals.
“After a 1-11 record and with the team playing a game of musical chairs with Andy Dalton and Ryan Finley, it is time for general manager Duke Tobin and head coach Zac Taylor to select ‘their guy’,” Reid wrote. “They should select Burrow as the new face of the franchise with the No. 1 overall pick.”
Here’s a look at the 16 SEC players he projects to go in Round 1:
- No. 1 — Joe Burrow, QB, LSU — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 3 — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia — Washington Redskins
- No. 4 — Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama — Miami Dolphins
- No. 5 — Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 8 — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 9 — Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama — New York Jets
- No. 13 — Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 14 — Grant Delpit, S, LSU — Carolina Panthers
- No. 15 — Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama — Cleveland Browns
- No. 18 — Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama — Oakland Raiders
- No. 19 — K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU — Tennessee Titans
- No. 20 — Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 21 — Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama — Dallas Cowboys
- No. 24 — Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 25 — Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU — Kansas City Chiefs
- No. 28 — Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama — Seattle Seahawks