6 SEC stars projected to go in Round 1 of CBS Sports' post-lottery 2019 NBA Mock Draft
The 2019 NBA Draft is just over a month away, and the NBA Combine is in full swing in Chicago this weekend.
That means a number of former SEC stars are trying to improve their draft stock, as getting picked in the first round is the goal for everyone.
After Tuesday night’s NBA Draft lottery selection show, CBS Sports analyst Gary Parrish released his updated first-round mock draft, and as you can see below, he has six SEC guys going in Round 1:
- No. 6 — Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt — Phoenix Suns
- No. 12 — PJ Washington, F, Kentucky — Charlotte Hornets
- No. 15 — Tyler Herro, G, Kentucky — Detroit Pistons
- No. 19 — Keldon Johnson, G/F, Kentucky — San Antonio Spurs
- No. 23 — Admiral Schofield, G/F, Tennessee — Utah Jazz
- No. 26 — Grant Williams, F, Tennessee — Cleveland Cavaliers
Of course, there’s still time for these players’ stocks to go one way or the other, so we’ll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.