8 SEC players on pace for 1,000 rushing yards
The following seven running backs are on pace for 1,000 rushing yards for the 2014 regular season: Cameron Artis-Payne, Josh Robinson, Jonathan Williams, Alex Collins, Mike Davis, Nick Chubb, Ralph Webb. Note that Florida’s Matt Jones would likely cross the 1,000 yard threshold if Florida did not have the game against Idaho cancelled earlier this year.
Quarterback Dak Prescott also is on pace to eclipse the 1,000 yard rushing mark. Auburn’s Nick Marshall will be close, but will likely finish just under 1,000 yards.
Note that Todd Gurley has 773 yards through five games. He is expected to play in the final three games for the Bulldogs. It’s likely that he crosses the 1,000 rushing threshold as well. If he becomes the feature back again, he could prevent Chubb from reaching the 1,000 yard milestone.
Here are the latest SEC rushing stats through Nov. 1, 2014:
The following SEC players have hit 1,000 rushing yards in recent years (includes postseason games):
- 2013: Tre Mason (1816), Jeremy Hill (1401), TJ Yeldon (1235), Mike Davis (1183), Henry Josey (1166), Rajion Neal (1124), Nick Marshall (1068), Alex Collins (1026)
- 2012: Johnny Manziel (1410), Todd Gurley (1385), Eddie Lacy (1322), Mike Gillislee (1152), Zac Stacy (1141), TJ Yeldon (1108), Kendial Lawrence (1025), LaDarius Perkins (1024), Tre Mason (1002)
- 2011: Trent Richardson (1679), Michael Dyer (1242), Zac Stacy (1193), Vick Ballard (1189)
- 2010: Cam Newton (1473), Knile Davis (1322), Marcus Lattimore (1197), Stevan Ridley (1147), Michael Dyer (1093), Tauren Poole (1034)
- 2009: Mark Ingram (1658), Anthony Dixon (1391), Ben Tate (1362), Montario Hardesty (1345), Dexter McCluster (1169)
Check out the other position milestones: