All 14 SEC coaches listed among recently released odds regarding first coach to be fired
Who would you put money on to lose their job first from the SEC?
Ed Orgeron and Barry Odom are the heavy favorites among the recently posted odds over at Bet Online regarding the first coach to be let go heading into 2018 but if last year was any indication, the oddsmakers can’t forecast this prop bet quite as well as you might imagine.
The “winner” as it were last season for this prop bet for Jim McElwain at 20/1. Those odds equal the likes of Gus Malzahn, Jeremy Pruitt and Will Muschamp heading into the 2018 season. Of the top two coaches on the 2017 list — Butch Jones and Kevin Sumlin — both were obviously fired from their posts last season.
Odds to be the first coach fired in 2018
- Ed Orgeron (LSU) +225
- Barry Odom (Missouri) +250
- Derek Mason (Vanderbilt) 5/1
- Matt Luke (Ole Miss) 6/1
- Mark Stoops (Kentucky) 7/1
- Gus Malzahn (Auburn) 20/1
- Will Muschamp (South Carolina) 20/1
- Jeremy Pruitt (Tennessee) 20/1
- Joe Moorhead (Mississippi State) 33/1
- Chad Morris (Arkansas) 33/1
- Dan Mullen (Florida) 50/1
- Nick Saban (Alabama) 50/1
- Kirby Smart (Georgia) 50/1
- Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M) 50/1
If you had to put money down on this bet, which coach would be your selection?