College football bowl projections: CBS Sports expert Jerry Palm includes only 10 SEC teams in latest predictions
CBS Sports expert Jerry Palm went bold with his post-Week 1 bowl projections, which came out on Monday.
While most prognosticators expect 12 or 13 SEC teams to qualify for bowl play, Palm only has 10 SEC squads going to the postseason. He has Vanderbilt, Mizzou, Auburn and LSU missing out on bowl games.
As you can see below, he has Alabama and Georgia in the College Football Playoff. Here’s where he projects each of the 10 SEC teams to play this bowl season:
- Peach Bowl (CFP) vs. Oklahoma
- Gator Bowl vs. Miami
- ReliaQuest Bowl vs. Wisconsin
- Fiesta Bowl (CFP) vs. Ohio State
- Music City Bowl vs. Michigan State
- Las Vegas Bowl vs. Washington
- Texas Bowl vs. Iowa State
- Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State
- Citrus Bowl vs. Penn State
- Sugar Bowl vs. Baylor
We’ll see if some other SEC teams can work their way into the bowl mix next week.