College Football News's early bowl projections feature 11 SEC teams
The 2018 season is still a few months away, but excitement is building for the upcoming season and what it might bring.
Prior to spring practices, College Football News projected this year’s slate of bowl games, and had 11 SEC squads (sorry Vanderbilt, Kentucky and a banned-from-postseason Ole Miss) projected to finish with bowl eligibility.
Alabama and Georgia are projected to once again make it in the final field of four College Football Playoff teams, and you can see the SEC-related projections here:
- Birmingham Bowl: Mizzou vs. SMU
- Texas Bowl: Texas A&M vs. TCU
- Music City Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Georgia Tech
- Belk Bowl: Arkansas vs. Florida State
- Liberty Bowl: Tennessee vs. Oklahoma State
- Gator Bowl: Florida vs. Northwestern
- Outback Bowl: LSU vs. Nebraska
- Citrus Bowl: South Carolina vs. Penn State
- Sugar Bowl: Auburn vs. Oklahoma
- Cotton Bowl: Alabama vs. Ohio State
- Peach Bowl: Georgia vs. Clemson
- CFP title game: Alabama vs. Clemson
Of course, we’ll have to see how the season plays out, but this is a good starting point for bowl projections. None of these selections would be a huge surprise, as the SEC consistently turns out some of the nation’s strongest teams.