ESPN expert Matt Miller's first 2023 NFL Mock Draft features 13 SEC players
The 2022 NFL Draft just took place a couple of months ago in Las Vegas, but NFL teams are already gearing up for the 2023 draft, scouting college football’s top prospects.
On Tuesday, ESPN draft expert Matt Miller released his first mock draft of the 2023 cycle, and he has 13 SEC standouts going in Round 1.
As you can see below, Miller has 6 SEC guys going in the first 10 picks, led by Alabama’s Will Anderson Jr. at No. 1:
- No. 1 — Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama — New York Jets
- No. 3 — Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia — Houston Texans
- No. 4 — Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 6 — Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 7 — Bryce Young, QB, Alabama — Carolina Panthers
- No. 8 — Will Levis, QB, Kentucky — Detroit Lions
- No. 18 — Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU — New England Patriots
- No. 19 — Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 20 — Henry To’o To’o, LB, Alabama — Baltimore Ravens
- No. 26 — Antonio Johnson, DB, Texas A&M — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 27 — Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 28 — Jermaine Burton, WR, Alabama — Detroit Lions
- No. 32 — Layden Robinson, OL, Texas A&M — Buffalo Bills
Obviously, there’s a lot of time left before the 2023 NFL Draft officially takes place. So, other SEC players will have time to make a case for inclusion in Round 1. We’ll see what happens this fall!