ESPN ranks most-underrated players for each of the SEC's 6 top-25 teams
In ESPN’s early 2018 top-25 rankings, the SEC places six teams — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State, Auburn, Texas A&M and South Carolina — among the nation’s elite.
Those teams are full of big-name stars, but there are also a few unheralded players who aren’t known on a national level.
On Tuesday, ESPN named the most underrated player from each of those six squads. While these names may be familiar to SEC fans, this could be the year they break onto the national scene:
- No. 1 Alabama — Damien Harris, RB
- No. 4 Georgia — J.R. Reed, DB
- No. 16 Mississippi State — Aeris Williams, RB
- No. 19 Auburn — Dontavius Russell, DL
- No. 23 Texas A&M — Tyrel Dodson, LB
- No. 25 South Carolina — Bryan Edwards, WR
These guys will all be important to their squads this fall, and big years could also put them on the NFL’s radar, sending them skyrocketing up draft boards.
With all the big-name talent on these teams, don’t sleep on the players listed above.