ESPN's FPI predicts outcome of every SEC Week 11 game
Finally, the SEC showdown of the season is almost here: AP No. 1 LSU at No. 2 Alabama. The College Football Playoff selection committee took away some of “1 vs. 2” hype by ranking Ohio State at No. 1, but Saturday’s SEC West rivalry clash is still the biggest game of the 2019 regular season.
The Tide and Tigers aren’t the only two conference teams playing on Saturday. In total, 11 SEC teams will appropriately be in action for Week 11. ESPN’s Football Power Index, explained below, provides a win probability for every game:
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.
Here is the FPI’s predicted win probability in every SEC Week 11 game:
- Florida (96.9 percent chance to win) vs. Vanderbilt
- Arkansas (62.6 percent) vs. Western Kentucky
- Alabama (71.8 percent) vs. LSU
- Ole Miss (96.9 percent) vs. New Mexico State
- Georgia (87.2 percent) vs. Missouri
- South Carolina (69.6 percent) vs. App State
- Kentucky (57.3 percent) vs. Tennessee