Joe Lunardi's latest bracketology features 6 SEC teams making the NCAA Tournament field
Selection Sunday for the 2021 NCAA Tournament is coming up on March 14, and several SEC teams are fighting for seeding in the field of 68 teams.
It seems likely that the SEC will get 6 teams into the NCAA Tournament bracket — Alabama, Mizzou, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU and Florida.
On Tuesday, ESPN bracketology expert Joe Lunardi updated his projections. He has those 6 teams comfortably in the field. Here’s where he thinks each squad will end up:
- Alabama — No. 2 seed (Region 4)
- Mizzou — No. 6 seed (Region 1)
- Tennessee — No. 6 seed (Region 4)
- Arkansas — No. 6 seed (Region 3)
- LSU — No. 7 seed (Region 2)
- Florida — No. 8 seed (Region 4)
There is still another week and a half left in the regular season, so we’ll see which of the teams mentioned above can keep winning to improve their standing. Then, it’ll be time for the SEC Tournament.