NBA Draft 2020: Roundup of all 12 former SEC stars chosen
The 2020 NBA Draft took place on Wednesday night, and it featured 12 SEC players realizing their pro dreams.
Six SEC standouts went in the first round, followed by 6 more in Round 2. Kentucky led the way with 3 players drafted. Mississippi State and Vanderbilt each had 2 guys selected.
Here’s a breakdown of where each guy went, including a tracker of where they ended up after a flurry of draft night trades:
- No. 1 — Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia — Minnesota Timberwolves
- No. 5 — Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn — Cleveland Cavaliers
- No. 13 — Kira Lewis Jr., G, Alabama — New Orleans Pelicans
- No. 14 — Aaron Nesmith, F, Vanderbilt — Boston Celtics
- No. 21 — Tyrese Maxey, G, Kentucky — Philadelphia 76ers
- No. 25 — Immanuel Quickley, G, Kentucky — Oklahoma City Thunder (heading to New York Knicks)
- No. 38 — Saben Lee, G, Vanderbilt — Utah Jazz (traded to Detroit Pistons)
- No. 40 — Robert Woodard II, G, Mississippi State — Memphis Grizzlies (traded to Sacramento Kings)
- No. 42 — Nick Richards, C, Kentucky — New Orleans Pelicans (traded to Charlotte Hornets)
- No. 49 — Isaiah Joe, G, Arkansas — Philadelphia 76ers
- No. 50 — Skylar Mays, G, LSU — Atlanta Hawks
- No. 57 — Reggie Perry, F, Mississippi State — Los Angeles Clippers (traded to Brooklyn Nets)
Who will be the best players from this year’s draft class? We’ll find out when the NBA season begins in December.