NFL Draft expert's top 50 prospects includes 21 from SEC
The upcoming NFL Draft figures to feature another banner class for the SEC.
NFL Media’s Daniel Jeremiah, one of the most prominent draft experts, recently shared his first 2020 mock draft, projecting 16 SEC alumni to be drafted in the first round. As fans are well-aware, teams don’t always draft the best overall player available. All teams are looking to improve the roster by finding a perfect fit for what they need.
Jeremiah has released his rankings for the top 50 overall prospects. While LSU QB Joe Burrow is Jeremiah’s projected No. 1 pick, he isn’t Jeremiah’s No. 1 overall prospect. In fact, Burrow isn’t Jeremiah’s top draft prospect out of the SEC.
Check out Jeremiah’s 21 SEC alumni in his top 50 prospects:
- No. 2 Auburn DT Derrick Brown
- No. 3 LSU QB Joe Burrow
- No. 6 Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa
- No. 7 South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw
- No. 9 Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy
- No. 12 Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III
- No. 14 Georgia RB D’Andre Swift
- No. 15 Alabama S Xavier McKinney
- No. 16 LSU LB Patrick Queen
- No. 17 LSU WR Justin Jefferson
- No. 23 Florida CB C.J. Henderson
- No. 24 LSU EDGE K’Lavon Chaisson
- No. 25 Georgia OT Andrew Thomas
- No. 26 LSU S Grant Delpit
- No. 30 Auburn EDGE Marlon Davidson
- No. 38 LSU CB Kristian Fulton
- No. 39 Texas A&M DT Justin Madubuikie
- No. 40 LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
- No. 46 Alabama CB Trevon Diggs
- No. 49 Alabama EDGE Terrell Lewis
- No. 50 Georgia QB Jake Fromm
The full list, which includes Ohio State EDGE Chase Young at No. 1 and Georgia transfer Jacob Eason at No. 47, can be found here.