NFL Network analyst's first 2020 mock draft features 16 SEC players
On Tuesday, the NFL released the list of underclassmen that have been granted early entry to the 2020 NFL Draft, which means the draft process is falling into place.
NFL observers have noted that there’s 93 days until Round 1 kicks off in Las Vegas. Former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah released his first mock draft on NFL.com, and it features 16 players from the SEC.
If that pans out, the SEC would set a new record as the league had nine players taken last year in the first round. The 2019 NFL Draft saw the SEC produce 28 picks in the first three rounds.
The SEC overall last year had 64 players drafted, which broke its own record from 2013.
Here are the SEC players and corresponding mock draft selections:
1. LSU QB Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals
5. Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins
6. Alabama OL Jedrick Willis, Los Angeles Chargers
7. Auburn DT Derrick Brown, Carolina Panthers
10. Georgia OT Andrew Thomas, Cleveland Browns
11. LSU EDGE K’Lavon Chaisson, New York Jets
15. Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy, Denver Broncos
17. Alabama S Xavier McKinney, Dallas Cowboys
18. Georgia RB D’Andre Swift, Miami Dolphins
19. LSU LB Patrick Queen, Oakland Raiders
20. Florida CB C.J. Henderson, Jacksonville Jaguars
21. Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III, Philadelphia Eagles
23. LSU S Grant Delpit, New England Patriots
24. LSU WR Justin Jefferson, New Orleans Saints
25. South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw, Minnesota Vikings
29. Auburn DE Marlon Davidson, Tennessee Titans