The Power Rank predicts the outcome of every Week 7 SEC matchup
The Power Rank is back for another week as the analytics-based system recently made its picks for Week 7 in the SEC.
Last weekend, The Power Rank had a 4-1 record picking games involving SEC teams.
If you are unaware, The Power Rank was developed by analytics expert Ed Feng. Feng’s metrics have accurately predicted the winners of college football games from the 2015 season to the 2017 season 73.7 percent of the time — with an overall record of 1679-598. That number is even more impressive when you factor in that The Power Rank does not pick FBS games against FCS competition.
Here is how The Power Rank predicts the Week 7 action to play out in the SEC:
- LSU is projected to beat Florida in Baton Rouge by 10.8 points. The Gators have a 22 percent chance of winning this game.
- Missouri is projected to beat Ole Miss in Columbia by 9.4 points. The Rebels have a 24 percent chance of winning this game.
- Alabama is projected to beat Texas A&M in College Station by 15.8 points. The Aggies have a 13 percent chance of winning this game.
- Georgia is projected to beat South Carolina in Athens by 16.4 points. The Gamecocks have a 12 percent chance of winning this game.
- Mississippi State is projected to beat Tennessee in Knoxville by 4 points. The Volunteers have a 38 percent chance of winning this game.
- Kentucky is projected to beat Arkansas in Lexington by 10 points. The Razorbacks have a 23 percent chance of winning this game.
- Vanderbilt is projected to beat UNLV in Nashville by 16.7 points. The Commodores have a 12 percent chance of winning this game.