The Power Rank predicts the outcome of every Week 4 SEC game
The Power Rank is back with another round of SEC projections.
If you are unfamiliar with the Power Rank, it’s the creation of Stanford Ph.D. graduate and analytics expert Ed Feng. Feng uses his system to predict outcomes in professional and college sports.
The Power Rank does not project games against FCS opponents, yet it accurately predicts winners over 73 percent of the time.
The system went 4-3 predicting SEC games during Week 3.
Here is how The Power Rank predicts the Week 4 action to play out in the SEC:
- Alabama will beat Georgia by 5.3 points in Tuscaloosa. The Bulldogs have a 34 percent chance of winning.
- Tennessee will beat Kentucky by 1.3 points in Knoxville. The Wildcats have a 46 percent chance of winning.
- Texas A&M will beat Mississippi State by 1.1 points in Starkville. The Bulldogs have a 47 percent chance of winning.
- Auburn will beat South Carolina by 9.5 points in Columbia. The Gamecocks have a 24 percent chance of winning.
- Ole Miss will beat Arkansas by 6.5 points in Fayetteville. The Razorbacks have a 32 percent chance of winning.
* LSU at Florida and Vanderbilt at Missouri were both postponed this week due to COVID