Projecting the AP Top 25: TCU avoids colossal upset, Alabama stays put
Could the SEC have four teams in Sunday’s Top 10?
Second-ranked TCU’s narrow escape at Kansas State means the Horned Frogs will stay in the Top 5 and could squeeze Florida out of the Top 10. The Gators dominated Mizzou and freshman quarterback Drew Lock on the road, 21-3.
We’re projecting five SEC teams in Sunday’s poll:
PROJECTING SUNDAY’S WEEK 5 AP TOP 25
- Ohio State def. Maryland, 49-28.
- Baylor def. Kansas, 66-7.
- TCU def. Kansas State, 52-45.
- Michigan State vs. Rutgers, Late.
- Utah vs. Cal, late.
- Clemson def. Ga. Tech, 43-24.
- LSU def. South Carolina, 45-24.
- Alabama def. Arkansas, 27-14.
- Texas A&M, BYE.
- Florida beat Mizzou, 21-3.
- Florida State vs. Miami, Late.
- Michigan def. Northwestern, 38-0.
- Ole Miss def. New Mexico State, 52-3.
- Notre Dame def. Navy, 41-24.
- Stanford, BYE.
- UCLA, BYE.
- Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia, late.
- Iowa def. Illinois, 29-20.
- Boise State beat Colorado St., 41-10.
- Toledo beat Kent State, 38-7.
- Northwestern lost to Michigan, 38-0.
- Houston beat SMU, 49-28 (Thursday).
- Duke beat Army, 44-3.
- Cal at Utah, late.
- Oklahoma lost to Texas, 24-17.
Dropped out: No. 19 Georgia lost to Tennessee, 38-31; No. 17 USC lost to Washington, 17-12 (Thursday).