SEC announces Week 3 Player of the Week awards
It was a wild Saturday in the SEC with a number of exciting games and some incredible individual performances, highlighted by Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral’s 7-touchdown outing in a 61-21 win over Tulane.
On Monday, the SEC handed out its Player of the Week awards for Week 3 of the season, with Corral leading the way.
Here are all of the recipients following Week 3:
- Offensive: Ole Miss QB Matt Corral — 335 passing yards, 68 rushing yards, 7 TDs
- Offensive line: Ole Miss OL Jeremy James — Helped Rebels tie an SEC record with 41 1st downs
- Offensive line: Arkansas C Ricky Stromberg — Helped Arkansas amass 633 yards of total offense
- Defensive: Alabama LB Will Anderson — 7 tackles, including 3.5 for losses, in win over Florida
- Defensive: Georgia OLB Nolan Smith — 8 tackles, 1.5 sacks in win over South Carolina
- Defensive line: LSU DE BJ Ojulari — 3 tackles, 2.5 sacks in win over Central Michigan
- Special teams: Texas A&M P Nik Constantinou – 4 punts for 45.5 average and a long of 61 yards
- Freshman: Georgia WR Adonai Mitchell — 4 catches for 77 yards and a TD in South Carolina win